Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Increasing Fluid Intake

Plain water is good but sometimes I need something a little more interesting to motivate me to increase my fluid intake.  Water is vital to our health.   When you are properly hydrated, your mind functions better, your skin glows, you have more energy,  and for nursing mamas like me -it improves your milk production.    It is easy to forget to drink enough on a busy day but since I am also working out more, I notice that I don't perform as well on days when my water intake is low.

Just recently I figured out a way to increase my fluid intake which is super easy and quite tasty.  It is very simple and works especially well during the warm summer days.


Make a pot of your favorite herbal tea.  Put it in the refrigerator.  This stays fresh for about 24 hours (if you don't drink it all first!).  Drink frequently throughout day.  I have used green tea, chamomile, chamomile lavender, peppermint, and white tea.  They were all very good iced and I found the flavor motivated me to drink more.

Remember to take care of yourself so you can take care of your family!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment