Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

picture courtesy of lake.sider @ flickr.com

They say love makes the world go round.  Well in it certainly turns my world.  I never imagined how much you could love anyone until I had kids.  

Don't get me wrong, I am madly in love with my husband.  He is the light of my life.  He is  my strength and guide on days where I just don't feel up to taking on the huge task of parenting.  He helps me conquer the bumps that life throws into my path.

The love for my kids is different, intangible, unexplainable in its enormity.  As I often tell them - "I just love you".  That simple phrase explains my feelings for them completely.  It is the kind of love that sees them for all they have been, all they are and all they might be.  It is a love that will always be there, no matter what.  

I can't really explain it.  I just love them.  I hope everyone has an opportunity to open their hearts and life to this kind of love.  It really challenges and inspires me to be more than I am today - every single day.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment