Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our End of Winter Nature Table



Our Nature Table  (a little shelf on which we honor the changing of the seasons with collections from our walks, art and anything that suits our fancy) has finally taken on a form I am really happy with.  Over the years we have done lots of scenes but there has always been a missing piece - a little bit of magic.



There is a lovely story we use for Melisa Nielsen's Before the Journey http://shop.beaconmama.com/Before-the-Journey-201.htm for part of our Advent.  The gnomes in the story meet at the mushroom doorway (I just love this wooden mushroom).  So I set out to find a mushroom house.  I finally located a beautiful one at LittleElfsToyshop on Etsy.  It is just what our table needed as we make our way through the various seasons.



The nature table has looked a bit barren and wintry since we removed all the holiday decorations.  My eldest son added these pine boughs collected on our last walk.  I like the greenery in the scene with all the gnomes busily working to prepare the earth for the arrival of spring.  Won't be long now before spring settles in and winter flees!  I'll keep you posted as the table evolves with the season.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment